Foreign Card: Asia Pacific Intra-regional Interchange Rates
The table below sets forth the interchange fee applied on Visa transactions originating at merchants located in Australia on Visa cards issued by Visa issuers located outside of Australia and within the Asia Pacific region.
|Fee Program||Classic||Gold||Premium||Super Premium||High Net Worth||Commercial||Premium Commercial|
|Product Base Fee Program||1.22%||1.42%||1.88%||2.02%||2.35%||2.00%||2.02%|
|Alternative Fee Program||1.35%||1.55%||1.88%||2.02%||2.35%||2.00%||2.02%|
|Acquirer Downgrade Fee Program||1.40%||1.60%||1.93%||2.07%||2.40%||2.05%||2.07%|
- AP Intra-regional Interchange Rates – apply to Australia merchants’ Visa transactions on Visa cards issued in markets outside of Australia and within the Asia Pacific region. The other Asia Pacific Region markets are - American Samoa, Bangladesh, Bhutan, British Indian Ocean Territories, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Christmas Island, Cocos (Keeling) Island, Cook Islands, Fiji, French Polynesia, French Southern Territories, Guam, Heard & McDonald Islands, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kiribati, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nauru, Nepal, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Norfolk Island, North Korea, Northern Mariana Islands, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Pitcairn, Samoa, Singapore, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Timor Leste, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, U.S. Minor Outlying Islands, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Wallis and Futuna Islands.
- Product Base Fee Program – applies to card present transactions which are cleared within 3 days of purchase date and authorized through VisaNet.
- Alternative Fee Program – applies to card not present transactions which are cleared within 3 days of purchase date for non-airlines transactions and within 7 days of purchase date for airlines transactions, and authorized through VisaNet.
- Acquirer Downgrade Fee Program – applies to transactions that do not qualify for the Product Base Fee Program or the Alternative Fee Program.
- Classic – includes the following consumer products: Visa Classic and Visa Electron.
- Gold – includes the following consumer products: Visa Gold products.
- Premium – includes the following consumer premium products: Visa Platinum and Visa Rewards.
- Super Premium – includes the following consumer super premium products: Visa Signature and Visa Infinite.
- High Net Worth – includes the following consumer products: Visa Ultra High Net Worth.
- Commercial – includes the following commercial products: Visa Business, Visa Business Platinum, Visa Corporate, Visa Purchasing and Visa Business-to-Business Virtual Product, and commercial products which are targeted at small businesses and large organizations.
- Premium Business – includes the following commercial products: Visa Business Rewards, Business Signature and Business Infinite which are targeted at high-value small businesses.