Foreign Card: Inter-regional Interchange Rates
The table below sets forth the interchange fee applied on Visa transactions originating at merchants located in Australia on Visa cards issued by Visa issuers located outside of the Asia Pacific region.
|Fee Program||Classic/Gold||Premium||Super Premium||All Commercial Products|
|Chip Incentive Rates|
|Secure eCommerce Incentive Rates|
|Secure eCommerce Transactions||1.44%||1.80%||1.97%||2.00%|
- Acquirer Chip – Applies to transactions when magnetic stripe card is used at chip-equipped terminals and authorized through VisaNet.
- Issuer Chip – Applies to transactions when chip-enabled card is used at magnetic-stripe only terminals and authorized through VisaNet.
- Secure eCommerce Transactions – Applies to transactions whenever a merchant/acquirer prompts a cardholder for a 3D Secure code for an ecommerce transaction and authorized through VisaNet.
- Electronic – Applies to card present transactions which are cleared within 3 days of purchase date and authorized through VisaNet.
- Standard – Transactions that do not qualify for any of the above fee programs.
- Classic/Gold – includes the following consumer products: Visa Gold, Visa Classic and Visa Electron.
- Premium – includes the following consumer premium products: Visa Platinum and Visa Rewards.
- Super Premium – includes the following consumer super premium products: Visa Signature, Visa Infinite, Visa Ultra High Net Worth, Visa Infinite Privilege and Visa Signature Preferred.
- All Commercial Products – includes all commercial products targeted at small businesses and large organizations.